distractions

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Reflections

Another year is almost over. So many things have happened this year. I would like to be positive about things, but to say that this year was tough would be an understatement. Although it was a difficult year, I am determined to take with me all the lessons that I learned as a result of the struggles.
I wish I could say this year was great, but for all the great things that I experienced, I also experienced an equal amount of pain and heartache.
I was sitting in the car today listening to a cd and as the songs came on, each one reminded me of something that happened this year. I kept thinking about how much I wanted to write about when I got home but, when I sat down to write, I had nothing. So, I went out to my car and got the cd. Now that it's playing, it's all coming back.
Music moves me, it is a part of me. It allows me to feel for just one moment exactly how I felt then, now. This is the soundtrack of my year.

January
Bebot-Black eyed peas:
Getting ready to go out New Year's eve/New Years. It was a great party with all the homies.

January
Bro Hymn Tribute-Pennywise:
Pennywise concert. The energy at this concert was intense. It was the most awesome concert ever. I will never forget it.

March
Screaming infidelities-Dashboard Confessional:
I think it was mile 16 of the L.A. marathon, this song came on my ipod. I was tired, but determined and ahead of me was a picturesque view of Downtown L.A. I could see all the buildings and streets and I knew I was going to make it.

May/June
Pomp and Circumstance, March no. 1-Edward Elgar:
My college graduation. It was so hot it brought me to tears. That day kind of defines my year. It was an absolutely great feeling to finally graduate but that day can not be defined as great because of all of the personal turmoil I was experiencing at the same time.

June-August
Crazy-Gnarls Barkley:
My little brother's birthday and almost the entire summer.

August
Lonely Day-System of a Down:
My grandfather passing away. My heart was crushed, I was numb.


October
Moneymaker-Ludacris:
Halloween at Busbys. Good times.

November
Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol:
My birthday without you, Thanksgiving. Feeling old.

December
Until the day I die-Story of the Year:
How I feel now and forever about you.

A new year will begin soon, and I hope it brings with it many new things to be happy about. My hope for the new year is that I don't have to experience so much loss. This year I lost my grandfather, my godmother, Danny and Alfonso. The pain of each one of their deaths was different, but painful nonetheless.
This year will soon be just another memory, but I will always have these songs to remind me of it.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Trailerboy said...

you experienced more loss than normal this year, i hope 2007 is a better one for you. also you totally stole my year in review idea i was gonna do. thief.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jeans Pants said...

Chris you should do a year in review vlog =0). Ok dont do that. It's not working for me.

Don't worry Inez 2007 will be better. This year was pretty vbad all together. I have faith in the new year. It's funny, a lot of those songs you mentioned I'd never heard of. Now I must go home and get some snippets from amazon. Also, what radio station played pomp and circumstance?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home