distractions

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Used to

I used to think I could handle anything. My life hasn't been easy, and having already gotten through so much I always told myself nothing could stop me. I know everyday I make the effort to take a step forward, but this year I feel like I have been pushing a ton of bricks just to take the smallest of steps. This year has worn me down. My heart is heavy, but I try to put my best face forward. If life is progress how come I don't feel any different than I did nine months ago. I get mad at myself because although I know there has been forward progress in aspects regarding my education and career, I feel like there hasn't been any when it comes to my emotions.
They are still jumbled and chaotic. I snap at the smallest thing. Inside me I felt like I had a small piece of sunshine. Now, I can't find it. I remember that I used to make people smile..I force it now.
My emotions are on my face, in my eyes. They swell from the tears, makeup can't hide it.
I will never give up, but damn, sometimes it's hard.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Jeans Pants said...

Nine Months Ago???!!! DUN DUNN DUNN!!!

But seriously, I don't know what to say. The one good thing is that you say its been going on for nine months but at least your very young. There's plenty of time to figure out your emotions. That's a shitty answer isnt it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home