distractions

Saturday, August 26, 2006

My days

My days are filled with many emotional ups and downs. When I have moments to myself I get really sad thinking about my grandfather. Tuesday was bad. Wednesday was really bad. I have been dealing with my loss not by expressing sadness, but by being angry...I don't know why. I have been really moody and find myself snapping at people for no reason. Tuesday, I went to the gym and I was ready to sock this guy in the face for looking at me the wrong way.

I had lunch with my mom on Wednesday and that was good. We talked and just spent time together. After lunch she took me over to Alba's and to my surprise I found Bobby and Chris waiting for me to take me to the beach. Alba had packed a bag for me with my bathing suit and a towel. It didn't make me happy. I got upset and told them I just wanted to go home. I started crying. They took me to the beach anyway. I sat in the back of the truck with Alba,I cried the whole way there.
I'm glad they took me against my will. Alba and I made a sand castle. Bobby and I wrestled in the sand, it got my mind off things.

We had so many jokes. For some strange reason Alba's truck was giving off this super foul smell of sulfur. You know, that rotten egg smell? Bobby and Chris kept making jokes about it. They told me to title my blog "huevos and culo" (eggs and ass for my non spanish speaking readers). That's what they said the truck smelled like. Seriously the smell was so foul. We went to kragen and as we pulled up the guy that was parked next to us was like: "Hey your truck smells like rotten eggs." Yeah buddy I think we know.
Here are a few of the comments that had me rolling and holding my side:

Chris:
"Fuck it smells like Humpty Dumpty in here"

Bobby:
"The truck smells like Easter"

We bought a bag of gummi worms and Chris stuck his face in the bag:

"I can't stand the smell anymore"
Alba and I: "no fair pass it back this way"

Me: "The fumes are probably toxic and we've been sitting here breathing it in like idiots." Needless to say we all started rolling...I think we were delirious.

So, I'm sure you're probably thinking that something went bad in the truck and we should have been looking for it to throw it out. But it wasn't forgotten take out, it was the truck itself. I have no idea what it was, none of us did, but it sure gave us a lot to laugh about.

I know I have not experienced my toughest day yet. Tomorrow I am going to San Diego; my grandfathers viewing is Sunday. I am scared. I just want to say thank you again to everyone who has tried to make my days a little easier. Your support is greatly appreciated.

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Jeans Pants said...

Hey you. I just wanted to say that it was me that left that smell in the truck. Yeah I've ben following you since you left. I just wanted to keep an eye on you. Ive been in your closet, in your bushes, in the backseat of your car. I've been everywhere. So don't worry buddy. I'm keeping an eye on you....and when it comes to your last post....ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? YOUR LEAVING ME? WHO DO I HAVE LEFT? AAAHHHH!!!!!!
But serisouly. Congratulations. I'm glad you get to work in your field. I'LL miss you =0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home