distractions

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The pieces that fit

So I am back home now in Santa Monica after spending the entire day in San Diego with my mommy. I had such a great time. I love spending time with my mom. We talked the entire time in the car, it was so therapeutic. There is a feeling of comfort when my mom and I talk that nothing else compares to.

So, when we got to San Diego we took a quick nap and then hung out with my cousins. We spent most of the time visiting different family members. Spending time with family is amazing. It was great to be able to sit and have dinner with my aunts and cousins. I sat there and just took everything in. It felt so good to see my mom happy, hanging out with her sisters. I can only imagine she felt the way I feel when I hang out with my brothers and sisters. It was great to catch up with my cousins and tell them about the crazy times that my brothers and I have together.

You know what made me really happy? I got to eat nachos from my absolute favorite taco shop in san diego....man did that take me back. As I sat eating nachos with my cousins and aunts all around, I remembered all those summers that my family would come down to san diego and visit. It reminded me of spending entire days playing in my grandparent's pool with all my cousins. My parents and my aunts would switch off watching us and at the end of the day we would go inside and enjoy our nachos.

Years have gone by since those summers, but when we get together, no matter how long it's been, everything falls into place. Like a puzzle, all of the pieces fit when we are brought back together.

I had a great day.

5 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger HarbatKAT said...

I like nachos.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Jeans Pants said...

I'm glad you had a great slime. I like things that spark god flashbacks. Nacho's sound good

 
At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home