distractions

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thankful

I wanted to write this yesterday but due to physical limitations I could not. First, I am thankful that I had the day off from work yesterday, otherwise I would have had to call in sick. I woke up yesterday morning ridiculously sick. I didn't get out of bed until 4pm. It was horrible. I couldn't move (except to get up and go throw up), I had a fever, and my whole body hurt. At 4 o clock I was determined to get out of bed, so I got up and took a shower. I thought, if I look better maybe I'll feel better. Yeah, that didn't work. I was all dressed up feeling like shit.
Bobby came at like 5:30 and we went to his parents house for dinner. The whole time I was there I felt like lying down. The sight of food was making my stomache turn. Needless to say we didn't stay there long. We came back to my house and I went straight to bed.
Thankfully dinner at my house was really late. So I got to sleep for an hour or so before dinner was served. This time when I woke up I did feel a little better. That made me happy since I really wanted to eat dinner with my family, especially since my little brother the chef had been cooking since Tuesday. Dinner was amazing. My brother really outdid himself. He made a fabulous turkey, five sides and 3 beautiful pies. I am thankful that he found something that he truly loves.
Before dinner we went around and each said what we were thankful for.
I am thankful for many things, too many to list, but what I am most thankful for is my family. They were strong for me when I couldn't stand on my on. They were there for me to lean on and they all gave me a shoulder to cry on. This year was rough but I am thankful that I have them in my life. I don't know if I could have done it with out them.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Jeans Pants said...

Gosh that sucks that you were and may still be sick. I hope you are feeling much better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home